Saturday, 23 November 2013

It's snowing . . .

Posted by Denise Goeldner at 13:00
I was so excited to find that Meljen's Design Team  & Challenge Blog are having a Guest Design Team Call, all details are on their blog.  I have been entering their challenges for awhile, love Melissa's  cute & quirky images, one very talented lady.
This week their theme is "Black Out", lovely simple challenge.  I always try and do something different with these images and today I'm showcasing "Groundhog Day" from Meljen's Designs, all I could visualise was doing a wintery scene being Christmas coming, and this little cutie pops up in the snow.

~ My Card ~


 I use cardstock, designer paper & snowflake embossing from Stampin' Up, ribbon, brad, Spellbinder Snowflake Dies.  I then decided to use "Jingle all the Way" sentiment as well from Meljen's Designs.  I added some soft pastel chalked clouds, dots of diamond dust for snow, as well as around this adorable critter.  I also covered the Snowflake dies in diamond dust too.   I used my copics to colour in the image as well as glossy accent the tooth & bells on sentiment.  Had a lot of fun making this card and playing with Diamond Dust, so messy, but very happy with the outcome.
I'm so happy to be able to try out for the wonderful opportunity to be a GDT for Meljen's Design Team  & Challenge Blog 

I'd like to enter the following challenge/s ~

Thanks ~

7 comments:

Melinda Walker said...

Stunning card! Love the use of the "Groundhog Day" digi in a wintery scene and love the snowflakes you have made! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week and good luck in both the challenge and Guest Design Team Call! (Hugs) Melinda

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Denise. Great winter scene. Thanks for playing along with Meljen's Designs and good luck with the DT call!

~ginny said...

OOOh - Good Luck Denise! You have made a beautiful card with your embossing & DP choices. The Diamond Dust on his head is a creative detail that just makes the image! And the large snowflakes are wonderful with that ribbon - nicely done my friend!
~ginny

coops said...

so stunning denise.really fab design and image and i love your icy colours ;D

xx coops xx

Amy A said...

Denise, is this my christmas card? ;o) I love the design and image. You've done him up so nicely! And those snowflakes are amazing! LOVE THIS!

Big Hugs!
Amy

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, I love the cute image and wonderful sparkle.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue xx

Rae Ann said...

Such a great way to use the Groundhog image! I never considered using him on a winter card! Way to think outside of the box. Love all of the fabby glitter and details on your card. Good luck on the GDT call!

Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Black Out Challenge.

Post a Comment

 

Denise's Patch Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Make Money from Zazzle|web hosting